Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Really not not doing anything

I just haven't posted anything that I've been doing!

My house was in need of some serious decorations so I went to work. I love my cricut. Cricut + vinyl = cute stuff on my walls. I'm cheap and I don't have a bedroom set so instead of a headboard I came up with this. I think it's cute anyway, who needs a headboard? I got part of the idea from the Nester. I went and bought a sheet of foam which I cut into 12x12 squares and then painted the sides blackish brown. By the way this is a lot more work than I thought it would be. Paint doesn't slide easily onto foam. After that was dry I raided my stash of scrappy paper, which is sufficient, and found these papers that matched my wall. Then I modge podged them onto the foam. I have a love hate relationship with modge podge. I can never get the wrinkles all the way out. When it dries it is always warped in the end. But it works for me.

It took my a minute to figure out how I was going to get these cute squares to attach to my wall. What I decided was two nails per square. It doesn't matter if they're centered or anything as long as they're both where the square goes because the two nails combined will hold it any way you put it up. I put one approximately at the top and one approximately at the bottom (this is scientific). Then I eyeballed it and stuck the squares into the nails and wahlaw, they stuck. I do occasionally have one fall off but I just stick it back on.

Then I made the cute saying with the vinyl and stuck it across the top. and we're done!

Here's some more vinyl I did. I had this saying up in my old house and I loved it. So I made me anew one. And I love the bird by the way. If you're going to put something above your stove just make sure you clean all the grime off first so it'll stick good. Since my walls were newly painted I didn't have much grime at the moment to clean off!

I've done a few other projects I just need to take pictures of and post. My computer died so I only have one when Josh is home and lets me use his. So I'm getting behind :) The next one I'll post is this dresser. It's so much cuter now! And I got it for free.

1 comment: